Blogger Sponsorship for Eat Write Retreat - It's a Photo Potluck!
A picture is worth a thousand words...so we're having a food photo contest! Feastie is sponsoring one blogger to attend the fabulous Eat Write Retreat conference this May 4th-6th in Washington, DC! If you haven't already heard of Eat Write Retreat, it's an intensive learning weekend for food writers/bloggers/photographers to foster and strengthen connections in the food community. There will be hands-on workshops, networking opportunities, and professional development sessions. And, of course, food. Speaking of food - check out some of the photos from last year taken by an attendee, Mango & Tomato - that's just a little glimpse of the amazing food that was served during the conference. It will be a fun, educational weekend where you can meet new friends and connect with old friends - an opportunity to really strengthen your connections within the food community. Entering our contest is fun - check out the details below.
Feastie is having a photo potluck contest to determine the winner. Here's how it works:
- An entry consists of one (1) original food photograph. Write a blog post on your own blog that includes that photo. The post must mention and link to Feastie (www.feastie.com) and Eat Write Retreat (eatwriteretreat.com). Each blogger is allotted one (1) entry, and all entries must be received by midnight on March 11th, 2012.
- Leave a comment on this page leaving us the URL of your blog entry as well as the URL of the photo you are entering.
- Feastie will choose 10 finalist photos and post the results, including the 10 finalists' photos with links to their blog posts, on the Feastie blog on March 14th, 2012. From the finalists, one winner will be determined by popular vote. Voting ends on March 23rd, 2012 at 5pm EST. Voters are allowed one (1) vote per person, and will cast their vote directly on the Feastie blog post. The photo with the most votes wins!
- The winner will be announced on the Feastie blog and Twitter on March 24th, 2012. The winner will also be contacted directly by Feastie.
The Fine Print:
- The contest is open to US residents age 21 and over.
- If you post a recipe in your blog post, please respect the intellectual property of other bloggers/cookbook authors. We will use TinEye to validate that photo entries are original. Stolen/lifted images will automatically disqualify the entrant, and all images entered in the contest will be attributed to their rightful owners.
- Feastie will choose the 10 finalists based on the following criteria: overall quality of the image; appetizing subject matter; overall deliciousness of the image. Well-composed photos of beautiful, appetizing dishes are what we're looking for.
- Of the 10 finalists, one grand prize winner will be determined by popular vote - finalists are encouraged to spread the word to their readers and friends to win votes.
- All travel, transportation, and incidentals are the responsibility of the winner.
- Prize is all-inclusive double occupancy registration to Eat Write Retreat, valued at $749.
- Upon returning from the event, the winner will be asked to write a blog post about their experience at Eat Write Retreat to be published on their own blog as well as the Feastie blog.
- No purchase necessary, void where prohibited.