Feastie Friday Calphalon Panini Grill Giveaway!
Panini presses aren't just for sandwiches - you can make a Thanksgiving dinner on this awesome appliance! Well maybe not the whole dinner (I'd like to see someone make gravy on there) - but you can make turkey thighs - no joke! And think of all the incredible Thanksgiving leftover panini possibilities - endless.
Feastie is giving away a Calphalon Panini Grill to one of our lucky readers. It fits two panini sandwiches or 4 hamburger patties or chicken breasts and has an adjustable temperature range of 150 to 450 F. Did I mention it also cooks turkey thighs? And salmon, and vegetables, and grilled pizza - this is an incredibly fun and versatile appliance.
I tried one out this past weekend and had a lot of fun making delicious and creative sandwiches, which I then cut up into little pieces for a panini party - great for cooking for a crowd! My favorites of the evening were goat cheese and caramelized onion with garlic aioli and an heirloom tomato, fresh mozzarella, spinach, and garlic aioli panini - I've included my original recipes below for your grilling pleasure.
Let's get the technicalities out of the way - here's how you can enter to win a Calphalon Panini Grill.
This giveaway is open from the time it is posted until 5pm EST Friday, November 18, 2011. We will do a random drawing on all entries and announce the winner during the week of November 21, 2011. Contest is open to US residents only. No purchase necessary to enter. Void where prohibited.
Ways to Enter:
- Leave a comment below describing your favorite sandwich or panini. We will count one "favorite panini" comment entry per email address.
- Follow us on twitter and tweet a link to this post with the hashtag #feastiefriday. We will count one entry per twitter name per day (12:00am to 11:59pm EST) for a total of 8 possible entries via twitter.
- Like us on facebook and leave a comment below to let us know. We will count one entry per facebook profile.
So that gives you 10 total chances to win! Get posting/tweeting/liking!
Jessica's Goat Cheese Caramelized Onion Panini with Garlic Aioli
Makes 1 sandwich
- 1 small ciabatta roll (I used the little sandwich-sized ciabatta rolls from Trader Joe's)
- 3 Tbsp caramelized onions
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 oz soft goat cheese
- 1 oz fresh whole milk ovoline mozzarella cheese in water, sliced or torn into small pieces (optional)
- olive oil
- Preheat panini press to medium-high heat.
- Slice ciabatta roll in half so you have a top and bottom - like a burger bun. Dig out some of the inner bread from the top part of the ciabatta - this will give you more room for your ingredients so they don't go squishing out the sides of the sandwich.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise with garlic.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture on the inside of the bottom and top halves of the ciabatta. On the bottom half, spread the goat cheese, and top with the caramelized onions, and then the mozzarella (if you're using it). Put the top part of the ciabatta onto the bottom half, closing the sandwich.
- With a pastry brush, very lightly brush a tiny bit of olive oil on the outsides of the bottom and top halves of the ciabatta.
- Grill for 3-4 minutes, until the bread is toasted with grill marks and the goat cheese is softened (and the mozzarella, if you're using it, is melted). Let it sit for a minute or two (this prevents the goat cheese from squishing out the sides of the sandwich), then slice in half (or quarters) and serve.